Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sinead O'Connor - Universal Mother (1994)


Sinead O'Connor - Universal Mother pt1
Sinead O'Connor -Universal Mother pt2
Sinead O'Connor -Universal Mother pt3

Universal Mother is in my top5. It´s different than other Sinead's albums. More intimate, more sad... almost depressive. I've listened to it on repeat program in my darkest hour. I've seen her performing these songs live.. and she took the essence of her music to absolutely different enviroment. She was singing it with shiny face.

I'll be glad if you let me know your opinion about this album. I think that Universal Mother is so exceptional, but basicly... that album was absolutely overlooked.

pass:for2headlesschicken

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right about this album. I remember when I bought this album circa 1995. My father was dead, and that's how I connect to this. I play "Thank You for Hearing Me" numerous time and I thank to Sinead how this album ressurect my spirit to the highest ground.

My other favourite track is "Scorn Not His Simplicity". And when I listen to "John, I Love You" - I always remember The man that I slept week for only 2 weeks but then he had to go back to New Jersey to his partner.

Don't you think "Fire in Babylon" sounds like "Army of Me" - Bjork.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 12:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second to the above comment. This album is so amazing that it sticks to my mind after the first hearing some ten years ago.

Saturday, January 27, 2007 5:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home