Sunday, December 10, 2006

I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in


Life Aquatic is my favourite film. And I am SERIOUS. People usually say that their favourite film is some Bergman/ Tarkovskij/ Fellini/ Kubrick/ Scorcese stuff and there is no wondering about that, these guys are great. But Life Aquatic is my number one. I saw it so many times that I even stopped to count it. For lot of people is L.A. just one of the many funny films with Bill Murray, but for me there is a secret message. As a !devo!ted Devo fan I really love Mark Motherbaugh's score, these tracks are balancing between pure beauty and total rudiculousness. And I tell you something: Electro Ned Hero makes me cry. :) I would do some kind of "Robert Johnson pact" only for being able to write something so beautiful.
The another version of the soundtrack is enlarged with Bowie,Devo,Baez,De Lucia and The Stooges songs. There is nothing I can say about Bowie, I love his music but the real pearl is Devo's song Gut Feeling which makes me having such a good feelings, good mood.. brilliant.



21 Grams OST (2003)


The film is hard to watch, really hard. But Gustavo Santaolalla's music is even harder for me. Every note is a deep cut. I really don't want to exaggerate it, but I really feel the pain while I'm listening to his music




Stereolab - Margerine Eclipse (2004)

Stereolab were always branded as post-rock experimentists, but Margerine Eclipse is pure "pop" record. Every song could be released as a single. Singer Leatitia Sadier sings in both english/french and I can only regret that I don't understand that french part. (I can do french kisses though). This album is soft and yummy and makes me want to "cuddle" all the time.

Sudden Stars
Sweet smelling essences hugs and smiles sweet kisses movements towards me embrace reverie tenderness velvet skin treasured dreams intimate silk and goldnuit d'amour naked soul

pass: for2headlesschicken

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought Stereolab in 2004, mistakenly because I have already in a record store and I try to remember my mate's email to me to buy Stereophonics. I did not have much info both of the band : Stereolab and Stereophonics. But being a big fan of "Air" and "Zero 7" I decided to buy it, and I love it!

Great album - especially if you listen it with your headphone. And what so special for me abot this album is the way the track is put. It is really well thought, so that you have to listen from the beginning to the end.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 12:15:00 AM  
Blogger pwnbrk said...

yeah.. margerine sounds like being recorded in mono.. but I am not sure if it is really classic mono.. I don't think so. Some people claim that this album is making them headache while it's played on headphones.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 7:30:00 PM  
Blogger pwnbrk said...

and add to Universal Mother.. I agree about that "spiritual stuff" you were speaking about, like ressurection. For me it had an opposite effect - disintegration.

thx for comments..

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 7:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man I'm glad to see that I'm not the only fan of Life Aquatic. No real need to say more than this and what you've reported on the music. Since the first I've seen it I can't help myself listening to Seu Jorge.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 9:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wes anderson movies in general are excellent, and also their soundtracks
thanks for this one

do you have the rushmore soundtrack as well? that would be great

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger pwnbrk said...

to anonymous: this film helped to seu's career a lot.. there is an album in stores with his Bowie cover songs newly recorded, called Zissou Sessions. He was a guest in Jools Holland's show, playing his own stuff with the band.

to ralf&florian - yeah wes is great.. i've got only Royal Tenenbaums soundtrack.. which is also great.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 6:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im really looking forward to hearing the 21 Grams OST when I get home. Thanks for that.

However, 1 question...why is the 7th track missing - B del Toro singing Shake Rattle and Roll?

Keep up the good work.

Thursday, December 14, 2006 4:10:00 PM  
Blogger pwnbrk said...

HĂ­ Gerry.. the answer is: I don't know. I'll rename this blog to Missing Tracks, coz it happened a few times to me, that I posted some albums without tracks.

Thursday, December 14, 2006 5:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, im glad you be a fan of aquatic life, sorry but i cant find the song when theya re stealing things of the lab, its a drum solo song, can you tell me??
sorry for my english..

Saturday, March 22, 2008 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger pwnbrk said...

have no idea.. probably it wasn't released. I think there is another song from Iggy Pop which is not on the official soundtrack.

Sunday, March 23, 2008 9:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home