Thursday, January 25, 2007

Girl ya gotta love your man Take him by the hand Make him understand The world on you depends Our life will never end

Jimmy Chamberlin Complex - Life Begins Again (2004)
I was (and I am, as they are recording new album) big Smashing Pumpkins fan. I love every bloody song they ever released. So I was quite dissapointed with ZWAN album, it wasn't bad, but I expected more. Jimmy Chamberlin's drumming was always strong ingredient in Smashing Pumpkins chemistry. His wild but very elaborate style is definitely part of Pumpkins sound. I saw them play live in 1996 and it was the best concert I have ever seen. Joyride. But in the end of Pumpkins last tour they were different band. They played songs in very violent way. It sounded like storm. They played their songs so fast that they weren't even able to manage play all notes properly. So when I noticed that Jimmy started new band, I was really curious. Didn't know what to expect. One problem with drummer's solo albums is that there is too much drumming :).. and fucking drum solos. And yes... there is a lot of drumming on the record, but it doesn't play the lead role. I had two new albums that day > Jimmy's Complex and Jaga Jazzist's What We Must. The first I took was Jaga Jazzist and I enjoyed it very much. Especially the first song "All I Know Is Tonight" is amazing. Than I started to play Jimmy's album and the similarity with Jaga Jazzist was surprising!! I mean if he (and the band) would put some wind section lines into "Streetclawler".. he would get a proper Jaga Jazzist song! Jimmy's drumming is absolutely virtuoso, but whole album is loaded with strong musical themes, brilliant ideas. They are changing styles, moods so the album is keeping the listener focused. Of course Billy Corgan must be there, the song "Lokikat" is a small reminiscent of Smashing Pumpkins bittersweet ballads.


Kyuss - ...And the Circus Leaves Town (1995)
I don't know what so special about Kyuss. They sounded like Black Sabbath without Mr.Parkinson. But Sabbath (Tony rocks!!) was hard rock band, but how can you categorize Kyuss? I know about stoner rock.. but fuck it. They were special, because they played hard songs, but also they were pretty melancholic in weird way. Hard music doesn't get altogether with sadness too often. And they recorded whole album like that!! (now it's Queens of The Stone Age job) John Garcia brings that strange "paranoia ghost riders" feeling as Alan Vega did with Suicide. His lyrics are fucking great!! Metallica infamously tried to rip off Kyuss style on St.Anger and failed. No one of them is fucking JOSH HOMME!!
Huricanne
I feel nothin', said I don't feel nothin' And I won't feel nothing at all I found somethin', said I really found somethin' And I won't take nothin' at all Get me up, get me up, now I've suffered My life has blown me away I can't breathe, said I can't breathe nothin' And I won't fuckin' breathe at all I feel nothin', said I don't feel nothin' And I won't feel nothing at all Found somethin', said I really found somethin' And I won't take nothin' at all Get me up, get me up, I've suffered My life has done me away Can't breathe, said I can't breathe nothin' And I can't fuckin' breathe at all

Rapid mirror Swimming Pool

Swimming Pool is kind of psychological thriller directed by François Ozon. The film is pretty good because Charlotte Rampling plays in it, but Rombi's score is a work of pure genius! He orchestrated my blood circulation with tenderness a crystal pureness of his music. I saw that film many times for two reasons >

1/Charlotte Rampling's beaver - really nice animal

2/Rombi's music - (anybody surprised?) the soundtrack was very hard to get, so few months ago one nice blogger re-posted it for me. Thanks again.

Gato Barbieri - Last Tango in Paris (1972)
I finished Marlon Brando's biography a week before I went to see Last Tango. He is using his own memories for his character Paul. I think there is nothing what I can say about that film. People say it's shocking and whatever.. no it's not.. it's beutiful and Vittorio Storaro is like a painter!! You just have to see it.


Rapidshare mirror ESSM
Joel: It would be different if we could just give it another go-around.

Clementine: Remember me. Try your best. Maybe, we can.


Pink Floyd - The Final Cut (1983)
The most hated P.F. album is my favourite one. The Final Cut might be taken as Roger Waters first solo album. His masterpiece. He never expressed his pain and fears that brilliantly again. It's well known fact that David Gilmour hates this album, but I think that he puts here his best guitar solos he ever did. With Michael Kamen conducting the National Philharmonic Orchestra, the album is a little magalomaniac monster. But I don't have any other album which contains so big orchestrations and in the same time it's so intimate.


Dntel - Life Is Full of Possibilities (2001)
After Life is.. was released I though that electronic music, so strong in the nineties, is finally going somewhere, Dntel came with something new. Real songs, glitches, ambient music.. some nice "errors". But I was wrong. Now Life is Full of Possibilities became a classic, however no one follows them.

Umbrella

You can turn the city upside down if you want to but it won't keep you dry.

You can turn the city upside down, like an umbrella but it won't keep you dry.
When you wrap yourself in a highway strip, don't expect any warmth from it.

All it is is cold cement.
You can turn the city upside down, like an umbrella but who knows what you'll find.

Be careful if you try.
You can turn the city upside down if you want to but it won't keep you dry.


pw in comments







10 Comments:

Blogger pwnbrk said...

for2headlesschicken

Thursday, January 25, 2007 3:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't download your perfect choices...
:(
megaupload doesn't allow me!!!
:O
because I'm a Mac user...
:(

>All download slots assigned to your country are currently in use. (REALLY?????) Please try again in a few hours or install the Megaupload Toolbar for immediate access - with the toolbar installed, there are no more slot limitations for you!

Miss (sad, oh so sad) M

:P

Thursday, January 25, 2007 7:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swimming pool is dead already? Can you uplaod again. By the way bloody great blog- New York.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 7:21:00 PM  
Blogger pwnbrk said...

There were problems with megaupload today. slots were just temporarily unavailable, but as far as I am concerned none of the files were deleted.

I will reupload these files later to another hosting.. maybe.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 8:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you tell me the password for The Last Tango archive?
Thks

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 9:29:00 AM  
Blogger pwnbrk said...

to anonymous: unfortunately I can't tell it.. it's a secret :/

ps. maybe the password is somewhere on the blog

Thursday, February 08, 2007 1:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tank you.

Thursday, February 08, 2007 3:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buffffff...

totally clueless on the pink floyd album.

Any help with password would be greatly appreciated....
.
.
.
plis...

Monday, February 19, 2007 2:43:00 PM  
Blogger pwnbrk said...

Dear Anita,
the password is the same for every file here, it's for2headlesschicken ! Your only excuse is that you are (probably) blond.

Monday, February 19, 2007 4:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for Dntel. Am just playing Postal Service - Give Up at the moment, so it was quite a coincidence to find this. Ta!!

Friday, March 02, 2007 1:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home