Saturday, April 14, 2007

30.000 visitors..

THC blog Nr.1

01 Postal Service - Such a Great Hights
I love their melodies.. hate their rhythms! It's like a joke.. like Zisou's music for diving.
02 Sonic Youth - Reena
Such a great song and again.. absolutely overlooked by media.
03 Whitest Boy Alive - Burning
I found that song on Allan McGee's myspace site. It reminds me Boys Don't Cry by The Cure. Cheerful music with sad lyrics.
04 Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Date with A Night
Being seventeen again, go out at night, get pissed and fuck the bones off the bodies. A date with a Night.
05 Primal Scream - Rocks
06 The Jam - Town Called Malice
Primal Scream and The Jam always make me feel good.
07 Roxy Music - More Than This
Mr.Bob Harris..
08 Mike Oldfield - In High Places
Oldfield sucks!! But there is always one song on every album which is great. This one is from Crises and Jon Anderson from Yes sings in it. I love Simon Philips drumming here... it's like reggae.
09 Texas - Summer Son
I hate Texas!!! But I like the bells in this song.
10 Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen in Love
Oh Buzzcocks.. I never thought about them as a punk band. They are like Beatles. Every song is a smash.
11 Squeeze - Another Nail in My Heart
Squeeze are going to play some gigs again, which is great. This song is so brilliant..
12 Pixies - Is She Weird?
I don't like using the word Genius. But he is..

is she weird, is she white
is she promised to the night
and her head has no room
and her head has no room

13 Santana - Samba Pa Ti
Santana is the most recognizable guitar player ever. He speaks through it.
14 Lynda Lyndell - What a Man
Everyone knows it.. everyone loves it.
15 Blondie - Atomic
People know that song from Trainspotting, Sleeper's version. So this is the original.. much better.
16 Stereolab - Vonal Declosion
17 Slade - Far Far Away
I think that Slade were really weird, their clothes.. bloody hell. They were skinheads before that glam rock weirdness. Noddy Holder wrote this song about being homesick while they were touring USA in 70's. He's got really great voice.. and Dave Hill had a great haircut.
18 Stereo Total - I Love You, Ono
Song which is is about the refusal of being a part of our system (big system, big money, big brother) was used in the advert for Sony camcoders. How weird is that?

"No no no no I don't need it
Perfect system I am fallin"

19 Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is
I don't know why I like this song. Stupid lyrics, one melody again and again, even a recitation. Brilliant
20 The Greenhornes - Can't Stand It
They knew The Lost Art of Being Cool.
21 Karel Svoboda - Navstevnici

ps for2headlesschicken

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Navstevnici! Thx. Karel Svoboda, RIP

Wednesday, May 02, 2007 1:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home